1. Patient Registration
Complete HEXO’s medical cannabis registration process.
2. Physician Consultation
Consult with your patient to determine eligibility for medical marijuana. If eligible, complete the medical document, outlining the number of prescribed grams per day, prescription duration and any THC limits.
Download Medical DocumentDownload Now
The completed medical document is faxed by your office to HEXO’s medical cannabis department. We will confirm the account with your patient, who can then place an order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Each patient responds to cannabis differently, so whether you recommend a THC or CBD product, or combination of both, the rule of thumb is that they ‘start low and go slow’, then gradually increase the dosage.
- Dried Cannabis
- Dried cannabis flower can be smoked, vaporized, used in edibles or used to make cannabis butter.
- Dried cannabis flower must be heated to activate the cannabinoids.
- Decarb (a fine milled medical cannabis powder created by decarboxylation to activate THC and CBD) can be added to foods or beverages, taken in capsules or used to make tinctures. Learn more here.
- Cannabis Oil
- Cannabis oil allows for more precise dosage.
- Oil can be ingested directly under the tongue or used in edibles and beverages.
- The onset of effects of cannabis oil are more gradual than smoking or vaping, but can last longer.
Under the Cannabis Act, a patient's order will be delivered in tamper-evident packaging and child-resistant containers. Orders will be shipped directly to a patient's home.
Some insurers already cover medical cannabis. In most cases, medical cannabis may be claimed as a medical expense for tax purposes.
- HEXO will provide the medical document to be completed with the following information:
- Patient's given name, surname, date of birth
- Health Care Practitioner's name, profession, province(s) authorized to practice in, licence number(s)
- Health Care Practitioner's business address, phone number, fax number, email address
- Period of use, and daily quantity of dried marijuana to be used by the patient (g/day)
Download our medical document here.
Patient response to cannabis varies by individual. Start low and go slow, gradually increasing dosing. Absorption can be felt typically from 30 to 45 minutes, and the effects can last from two to four hours.
Elixir CBD contains approximately 900** mg of CBD per 15 ml bottle. Each spray contains approximately 6 mg* of CBD.
Elixir THC contains approximately 400** mg of THC per 15 ml bottle. Each spray contains approximately 2.5 mg* of THC, a relatively small amount of THC allowing patients to micro-dose.